Skip to content
Victor "Vic" George Edminster
- Name: Victor "Vic" George Edminster
- Location of Birth: Eau Claire, Wisconsin
- Date of Birth: February 22, 1917
- Date of Death: September 11, 1993 (76 years old)
- Parents: George Franklin Edminster and Helen Marie (Radinske) Edminster
- High School and Class:
- Highest Rank: TEC 5 (Technical 5)
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In: May 9, 1941 (Enlistment Date)
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge: February 14, 1945 (Discharge Date)
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
Victor was an Army veteran of World War II, serving in the Asiatic Pacific Theater, where he was awarded a Purple Heart.
- Wars Involved:
World War II
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Victor moved to Wirt, Minnesota where he grew up and attended school. Following school, he worked as a logger.
Following discharge from the Army, Vic moved to Grand Rapids, Minnesota where he married Dorothy Kempton on January 29, 1949.
He worked for Tioga Iron Mines for ten years, and for the Department of Natural Resources Fisheries for more than twenty years, retiring in 1979.
Preceded in death by a sister, Esther and a brother, Jerry, surviving relatives include his wife, Dorothy; two sons, Raymond and Ronald; four brothers, Dayton, Roy, Arthur, and Allan; and five grandchildren.
Victor died at Itasca Medical Center in Grand Rapids, Minnesota and is buried in Wirt Cemetery at Wirt, Minnesota.
- Tribal Affiliation(s):