Skip to content
Wallace Lyle Tanner (aka Wold)
- Name: Wallace Lyle Tanner (aka Wold)
- Location of Birth: Itasca County
- Date of Birth: October 30, 1931
- Date of Death: August 13, 1950 (18 years old)
- Parents: Lloyd Tanner and Agnes (Schenke) Tanner
- High School and Class:
- Highest Rank: CPL (Corporal)
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In: March 30, 1948 (Enlistment Date)
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge:
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
Wallace served in Company G, 27th Infantry Regiment, 25th Infantry Division.
Wallace was killed in Korea on August 13, 1950.
- Wars Involved:
- MIA / POW:
Killed In Action
- Civilian Life:
Wallace attended Calumet, Minnesota and Greenway Schools in Coleraine, Minnesota before enlisting in the Army at the age of 16.
The remains of Corporal Wallace Wold were escorted from Korea by Corporal George Sharkey who attended the service.
Survivors are his mother, Mrs. Agnes Wold; a sister, Mrs. W. J. Neilon; and a brother, Pvt. Arnold Tanner.
Wallace was buried in Itasca Calvary Cemetery at Grand Rapids, Minnesota. (Plot I-B-04-28)
- Tribal Affiliation(s):