Skip to content
Warren "Buzz" Melson Emerson
- Name: Warren "Buzz" Melson Emerson
- Location of Birth: Chicago, Illinois
- Date of Birth: October 1, 1929
- Date of Death: March 16, 2011 (81 years old)
- Parents: Warren and Dorothy Emerson
- High School and Class: 1947 - Grand Rapids High School, Grand Rapids, Minnesota
- College: University of Utah - Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering
- Highest Rank:
- Branch: Navy
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In:
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge:
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
As a young man, Warren served in the Navy with the Seabees.
- Wars Involved:
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
The Emerson family moved to Grand Rapids, Minnesota, where Warren graduated from Grand Rapids High School in 1947.
Warren retired from Morrison Knudsen as Vice-President of International Hydroelectric Projects.
In 1992, he and his wife moved to the Palm Coast, Florida area from Foster City, California.
He was a member of Hammock Dunes Golf Club. Warren enjoyed playing golf and photography.
Warren was preceded in death by his wife, Bonnie Lee Emerson, in 2005.
Survivors include his sons, Eric (Vera) and Scott; sister, Dede Emerson; and grandson, Brendyn Emerson.
Warren died at the Stuart F. Meyer Hospice House after a brief illness. He is buried in Craig-Flagler Palms Memorial Garden at Flagler Beach, Florida.
- Tribal Affiliation(s):