Skip to content
Wayne Charles Gilbert
- Name: Wayne Charles Gilbert
- Location of Birth: Grand Rapids, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: November 26, 1895
- Date of Death: August 24, 1959 (63 years old)
- Parents: Mr. and Mrs. W. C. Gilbert
- High School and Class:
- College: Beloit College - Beloit, Wisconsin
University of Minnesota
Harvard Law School
- Highest Rank: 2D LIEUT (Second Lieutenant)
- Branch: Marine Corp
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In:
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge:
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
During World War I, Wayne served as Second Lieutenant in the United States Marine Corps and held a Captain's Rank in the Marine Reserve.
- Wars Involved:
World War I
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Wayne had been a member of the Briggs, Gilbert, Morton, Kyle and McCartney Law Firm in St. Paul, Minnesota for many years.
He was a member of Phi Beta Kappa, Phi Psi, the Minnesota State Bar Association, and the Ramsey County Bar Association.
Surviving besides his wife, Gladys (Banbery), are three sons, William, Reverend John, and Wayne; a brother, Robert; and a sister, Miss Kathryn Gilbert.
Wayne died in St. Paul, Minnesota after a long illness. He was buried at Resurrection Cemetery at Mendota Heights, Minnesota. No photo of grave marker is available at this time.
- Tribal Affiliation(s):