- Name: Wayne Orville Schaar
- Location of Birth: Deer River, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: September 22, 1942
- Date of Death: April 5, 2023 (80 years old)
- Parents: Robert and Bernice Schaar
- High School and Class: 1960 - Deer River High School, Deer River, Minnesota
- College: 3 years Itasca Junior College, Grand Rapids, Minnesota
Eveleth Technical College, Eveleth, Minnesota
- Highest Rank: S SGT (Staff Sergeant)
- Branch: Air Force
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In: November 5, 1962
- Place Sworn In: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Date of Discharge: March 3, 1966
- Place of Discharge: Travis Air Force Base, Fairfield, California
Units and Locations:
Start Date End Date Unit(s) and Location(s) Served November, 1962 Lackland Air Force Base, San Antonio, Texas February, 1963 Technical School at Fort Lee, Virginia August, 1963 4th Tactical Fighter Wing at Seymore Johnson Air Force Base in North Carolina June, 1964 18th Field Maintenance at Kadena Air Force Base in Okinawa, Japan
- Military Awards:
United States Air Force Commendation
Air Force Presidential Unit Citation
Small Arms Expert
Air Force Outstanding Unit
Air Force Overseas Service
- Military Highlights:
Member of the Honor Guard while stationed at Seymore Johnson Air Force Base in Goldsboro, North Caroline with the 4th Tactical Fighter Wing Unit in 1964.
- Wars Involved:
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Worked at Blandin Paper Company in Grand Rapids, Minnesota for 30 years. Worked in production, power plant, and journeymen millwright. Wayne retired in 1997.
Member of VFW Post 9703 Perry-Heide in Marcell, Minnesota.
Member of Disabled American Veterans, Chapter 13, in Grand Rapids, Minnesota.
Wayne did return to college at Hibbing Technical College in the 1990s earning a millwright degree.
Wayne married Gay Beckers on February 2, 1998.
He enjoyed traveling, 4-wheeling, hunting, and fishing.
Wayne was preceded in death by his parents, Robert and Bernice; brother, Larry (Sandy) Schaar; an infant sister, Barbara; and many aunts and uncles.
He is survived by his wife, Gay, brother, Thomas (Donna); sister, Elaine (Bill) Grossell; four children, Renee (Rich) Kalenak, Ron (Bettina) Delich, Kenneth (Julie) Schaar, and Jerrad (Katie) Schaar; four step-children, Danielle Beckers, Joelle (Steve Allison) Holsman, Kent (Anne) Beckers, and Ross (Joyel) Beckers; thirteen grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
Wayne passed away at St. Luke's Hospital in Duluth, Minnesota. A celebration of life will be held at a later date.
- Tribal Affiliation(s):