Skip to content
Wesley "Wes" Clarence Mattfield
- Name: Wesley "Wes" Clarence Mattfield
- Location of Birth: Bovey, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: April 26, 1936
- Date of Death: February 18, 2009
- Parents: Clarence Mattfield & Albertina (Engstrand) Mattfield
- High School and Class: 1954 Greenway High School, Coleraine, Minnesota
- Highest Rank:
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In: September 9, 1954
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge: October 23, 1956
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
Wes served with the Army of Occupation in Germany during the Korean War.
- Wars Involved:
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Wes Mattfield married Norma Lorraine Hart in 1955 in Oklahoma. They had lived in Negaunee, Michigan since about 1970. He was employed by Cleveland Cliffs Iron Company, retiring from the Empire Mine as a Data Clerk in 2003 with 27 years of service with the company. He was a life member of the V.A. Romo Post #3165 V.F.W. and was a past post commander. He was a talented musician who could play many instruments, including the accordion, organ and piano.
Wes died in Negaunee, Michigan. He is survived by his wife of 54 years, Norma L.; one son, Danny (Kelly) Mattfield; one daughter, Tammi (Ed) Wadeen; six grandchildren; fifteen great-grandchildren; one brother, Rick (Marcia) Mattfield; one sister, LaVerne (Ed) Hutton; and several nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by his parents; a son, Arnold; a grandson, Allen Wadeen; and a sister, Brenda.
- Tribal Affiliation(s):