Skip to content
William "Bill" Francis Flanagan, Jr.
- Name: William "Bill" Francis Flanagan Jr.
- Location of Birth: Hartford, Connecticut
- Date of Birth: September 25, 1927
- Date of Death: September 24, 2004 (76 years old)
- Parents: William Frances Flanagan, Sr. and Helen (Finnigan) Flanagan
- High School and Class: 1945 - Pomfret Preparatory School, Pomfret, Connecticut
- College: 1949 - Dartmouth University in New Hampshire
Master of Business Administration from the University of Pennsylvania Wharton School of Business in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Law Degree from University of New York School of Law in New York
- Highest Rank:
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch: United States Merchant Marines
- Date Sworn In:
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge:
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
Bill served in the Merchant Marines with a tour of duty in the Antarctic and then enlisted in the Army to serve honorably in the Korean Conflict.
- Wars Involved:
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Bill was the only son of William and Helen Flanagan.
He was admitted to the New York State Bar Association.
Bill also served his country while working within the Central Intelligence Agency.
He went to work for General Electric in both New York City, New York and New Orleans before becoming a consultant for Blandin Paper Company in Grand Rapids, Minnesota where he spent many wonderful years.
After retirement, Bill spent his winters in Arizona and summers at his home on Pokegama Lake in Grand Rapids, Minnesota.
He loved deep sea fishing, traveling, and hunting. Keeping his grass mowed and manicured was also a passion he had at his home on the lake. Golf was a special sport for him, during his retirement years and his long and avid bridge playing was continued until just before his death.
Bill is survived by his wife, Tookie; her seven children and grandchildren; and four sisters, his twin, Bobby Barry, Joan Smith, Helen Walsh, and Jean Sposato.
Bill is buried in Holy Redeemer Cemetery at Phoenix, Arizona, (Sec 11 Turf, Plot 167, Row 2, Space 6)
- Tribal Affiliation(s):