Skip to content
William " Bill" Joseph Trautman, Sr.
- Name: William " Bill" Joseph Trautman Sr.
- Location of Birth: Sewickley, Pennsylvania
- Date of Birth: July 4, 1953
- Date of Death: December 22, 2004 (51 years old)
- Parents: William Calvin Trautman and Mary Rose (McCloskey) Trautman
- High School and Class: Ambridge Area High School
- College: Graduated from the Toledo School of Meat Cutting in October, 1975.
- Highest Rank: MSSA (Mess Management Specialist Seaman Apprentice)
- Branch: Navy
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In: October, 1971
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge: October, 1975
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
- Wars Involved:
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Bill grew up in Baden, Pennsylvania.
He was united in marriage to Wanda Fay Sells on February 12, 1974 at Elizabeth City, North Carolina.
Bill was a licensed and bonded auctioneer working with the family's auction company. He also worked for J & L Steel Corporation and Park Rapids Lumber and Supply. He loved fishing, hunting, boating, and playing his guitar.
Survivors are his wife, Wanda; mother Mary Rose Trautman; daughter, Melissa (Martin) Rivera; son, William (Nishanna); five sisters, Mary Lou (John) Walker, Peggy (Alex) Russin, Susan Lazzaretti, Rosemarie (Steve) Melanson, Dottie Trautman; three brothers, Mark, Doug, and Michael (Arlene); five grandchildren, and many aunts, uncles, nieces, and nephews.
Bill passed away at his home in rural Park Rapids, Minnesota.
Buried in Harris Cemetery at Grand Rapids, Minnesota. (Plot 18.104.22.168)
- Tribal Affiliation(s):