Skip to content
William “Bill” Raymond Brier
- Name: William "Bill" Raymond Brier
- Location of Birth: Deer River, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: January 20, 1924
- Date of Death: August 19, 2005 (81 years old)
- Parents: Herb Brier and Sylvia (Burns) Brier
- High School and Class: Grand Rapids High School, Grand Rapids, Minnesota
- Highest Rank: CPL (Corporal)
- Other Branch: United States Army Air Force
- Date Sworn In:
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge:
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
Bill was a veteran of World War II in the United States Army Air Force serving in India and the Philippines.
- Wars Involved:
World War II
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
After his military service, Bill returned to Grand Rapids, Minnesota and worked with his dad at Brier Clothing and Shoes. In 1954 he became owner and operator until his retirement in 2001.
Bill was a member of the Veterans of Foreign Wars Club, a life member of the American Legion, and a long time member of the Rotary Club, all in Grand Rapids, Minnesota.
Along with his parents, he was preceded in death by his wife, Lessie, in 1993.
He is survived by three daughters, Karen (Darrell "Bim") Becker, Wendy (Richard) Green, and Linda (Charles) Perry; and four grandchildren.
Buried in Itasca Calvary Cemetery at Grand Rapids, Minnesota. (Plot I-D-07-27)
- Tribal Affiliation(s):