Skip to content
William Joseph Fox, Jr.
- Name: William Joseph Fox Jr.
- Location of Birth: Duluth, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: September 4, 1915
- Date of Death: January 16, 1992 (76 years old)
- High School and Class: 1933 - Cathedral High School, Duluth, Minnesota
- Highest Rank: EM 3 (Electrician's Mate Petty Officer 3rd Class)
- Branch: Navy
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In:
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge:
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
William served in the United States Navy in the South Pacific during World War II.
- Wars Involved:
World War II
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
William lived in Duluth, Minnesota until he moved to Grand Rapids, Minnesota in 1958.
He worked for Minnesota Power for 26 years, retiring in 1979.
William was a member of St. Joseph's Catholic Church in Grand Rapids, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Ponti-Peterson Post 1720, Veterans of Foreign Wars, Moose Lodge 2023 of Grand Rapids, Eagles Aerie 2469, Grand Rapids, and Swan lake Country Club in Pengilly, Minnesota.
He was preceded in death by one brother and one sister.
William is survived by his wife, Beatrice; one son, Dr. Roderick Fox; and one granddaughter.
William died at his home and is buried in Barrancas National Cemetery in Pensacola, Florida.
- Tribal Affiliation(s):