Skip to content
William Robert Dorry
- Name: William Robert Dorry
- Location of Birth: Walker, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: September 16, 1921
- Date of Death: April 9, 2000 (78 years old)
- Parents: John and Myrtle Dorry
- High School and Class: attended school in Deer River, Minneota
- Highest Rank:
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In:
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge:
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
After school, William served in the United States Army in India during World War II.
- Wars Involved:
World War II
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
William was employed as a welder and worked for United States Steel Corporation until his retirement in 1980.
He was a lifetime member of the Minnesota Trappers Association.
Preceding him in death were his parents, John and Myrtle; his wife, June; and a son, Donald.
William is survived by two sons, Robert and Terry; a daughter, Linda Senaptiratne; a sister, Joyce Roosdett; fourteen grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.
William is buried in Olivet Cemetery in Morse Township at Deer River, Minnesota. No photo of grave marker is available at this time.
- Tribal Affiliation(s):